PUBLIC NOTICES, BIDS & RFP’S
FINAL PUBLIC NOTICE
Project Title: DR-4400 City of Tifton Fixed Generators
Proposed Work and Purpose:
The City of Tifton is requesting funds to purchase and install generators and transfer switches at critical facilities located in the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA). The proposed work conforms to all applicable local and state floodplain regulations. The proposed work has no effect on the local floodplain. The generators and transfer switches will be elevated to the 500-year flood level to mitigate any possible flood damage.
City Council Meetings
The City of Tifton will hold the Tifton City Council Meetings (Workshops and Regular) beginning at 5:30 PM. Workshops are generally held on the 1st Monday of each month, while Regular Meetings are generally held on the 3rd Monday of each month.
If you have any questions, please call 229.391.3970.
**BID & RFPs**
City of Tifton
Request for Proposals
Development of Affordable Housing in South Tifton Redevelopment Area
The City of Tifton is seeking proposals from Developers for development of affordable housing units to be constructed on a parcel of land currently owned by the City of Tifton. Prospective developers are encouraged to prepare proposals detailing their housing experience and particularly affordable housing knowledge, project management experience, track record of successful developments utilizing tax credits, conceptual site plan for the proposed site, and property management experience. Sealed Proposals will be received at the Office of the City Manager located at Tifton City Hall, 130 E. 1st Street until 2:00 p.m. on Friday, December 20, 2019.
Proposal documents can be obtained by visiting www.tifton.net. There will be a non-mandatory pre-proposal conference held on Monday, November 25, 2019 at 10:00 AM at Tifton City Hall. For additional information contact Bruce Green at email@example.com.
The City of Tifton provides equal opportunity for all businesses and does not discriminate against any person or business because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and handicap or veterans status. This policy ensures all segments of the business community have access to supplying the goods and services needed by the City of Tifton. The City of Tifton reserves the right to waive all technicalities, reject any or all proposals, and make the award in the best interest of the City.
2019-016: Magnolia Drainage Improvements
- Sealed Bids: Sealed bids for construction of the project entitled Magnolia Drainage Improvements will be received until 2:00 P.M., December 5, 2019 in the City Manager’s Office, Tifton City Hall 130 1st Street East, Tifton, GA 31794 at which time and place they will be publicly opened and read. No bid may be withdrawn after the closing time for the receipt of bids for a period of sixty (60) days.
- Work To Be Done: The Work to be completed for the Magnolia Drainage Improvements is described briefly as follows:
The project generally consists of (but is not limited to) the construction of stream bank stabilization measures, including gabion baskets and grading, and the installation of approximately 50 internal mechanical joint seals for 84” to 108” diameter CMP storm pipe.
- Plans, Specifications and Contract Documents: Plans, Specifications and Contract Documents: Copies of Bidding Documents may be obtained from ESG Engineering- contact Margaret Hildebrand at firstname.lastname@example.org to procure Bidding Documents and to be added to the Bidder’s List. Digital documents will be provided upon a non-reimbursable payment of $100 and hard copies will be provided upon non-reimbursable payment of $200. Prospective bidders must be on the official plan holders list in order for their bid to be considered responsive.
- Contractor License: Any Contractor submitting a bid must be licensed by the State of Georgia. See Instructions to Bidders for additional bidding requirements.
- Bonds: Bids shall be accompanied by a bid bond or certified cashier’s check in an amount not less than 5% of the base bid. All bonds shall be by a surety company licensed in Georgia with an “A” minimum rating of performance and a financial strength of at least five (5) times the contract price as listed in the most current publication of “Best’s Key Rating Guide Property Liability”. Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful bidder if contract is awarded. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a “Power of Attorney” authorizing the attorney-in-fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the bond.
- Pre-Bid Conference: A pre-bid conference will be held on Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 2:00 P.M. Attendance is not mandatory. The meeting will be held in the conference room at Tifton City Hall, 130 1st Street East, Tifton, Georgia 31794.
- Permits: All permits required for the construction of this project have been approved.
- All property for easements, right of way, etc. have been acquired.
- Reservation of Rights: Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, nonresponsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the Project to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.
2019-015: Demolition of 1408 N. Tift Avenue
This is an invitation to submit a bid to The City of Tifton for the DEMOLITION OF 1408 N. TIFT AVENUE as indicated herein. Sealed bids will be received at the office of the City Manager (in City of Tifton City Hall Building at the above address) up to 11:00 a.m., November 8, 2019 at which time they will be opened and publicly read.
The work includes demolition of the structure at 1408 N. Tift Avenue. Demolition to include removal and proper disposal of all structures, footings, utility services and other items on site. Work to include removal of asbestos containing materials per applicable regulations. After demolition is complete, the site will be backfilled, smooth graded and grassed.
Bid documents can be obtained from the City Website at http://www.tifton.net/business/bids-rfps/ . There will be a non-mandatory pre-bid conference held at 11:00 am on October 28, 2019 at the City of Tifton Community Development Office at 204 N. Ridge Avenue, Tifton GA 31794. Those intending to submit a bid are strongly encouraged to attend the pre-bid conference. For additional information, contact Danny Wallace with Community Development at 229-445-5837 or email@example.com email is preferred).
Instructions for preparation and submission of a bid-proposal are contained in this packet. Bids must be typed or printed in ink. Bids submitted as a result of this invitation must include the "Bid Sheet" along with all required documents and be returned in a sealed envelope or container marked, "SEALED BID for DEMOLITION OF 1408 N. TIFT AVENUE" on the outside. Bids may not be considered unless so received.
Any questions and /or misunderstandings that may arise from this invitation shall be submitted in writing at least 5 days prior to the bid opening. The City will not respond to any questions received within 72 hours prior to the bid opening. Answers to questions submitted that materially change the conditions and specifications of this invitation for bid will be promulgated to all addressees as an addendum. Any discussions or documents will be considered non-binding unless incorporated and promulgated in an addendum.
City of Tifton provides equal opportunities for all businesses and does not discriminate against any person or business because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap or veterans status. This policy ensures all segments of the business community have access to supplying the goods and services needed by City of Tifton.
The City of Tifton reserves the right to waive any and all technicalities and informalities, reject any or all bids, and make the award in the best interest of the City.